Premature Baby Products & Neonatal Positioning Aids, Developmental Care
NHS customers (NICU, SCBU, PICU), please email email@example.com for NHS wholesale prices
*For Hospital Use Only*
*We are donating 50p from every Claire's Nest sold to The Ickle Pickles Charity, who help raise important funds for Neonatal Intensive Care Units across England & Wales.*
Claire's Clinical Nest Non Collapsible By Cuski
Available to buy as a single item or as a set with 2 Cuski Miniboos. (Save £10)
This nest has been specifically designed by Claire and the neonatal team at the RVI, Newcastle and created by Cuski. These are a part of developmental care used across the UK in the NICU/SCBU.
Suitable for premature - 3 months or until baby begins to push up or rollover, or is too active to remain in unit.
Alternative to swaddling for babies who do not like space around them and helps prevent flailing.
Claire’s Nest gives your baby the security of boundaries that are created naturally within Mummy’s womb, this helps to keep them snug and secure which enhances their sleep pattern sooner and remember for first 3 months Baby sleeping = Baby growing.
Baby’s head placed at lower boundary, feet placed at larger boundary for stretching and pushing and feeling of security.
- Nests are used with medical supervision only, HOSPITAL USE ONLY
Any baby nursed prone or lateral within Claire’s Nest MUST be monitored via a cardio respiratory monitor or apnoea box. This should be discussed and explained to parents. Safe sleeping with regards to reducing cot death risk, should always be discussed with parents in accordance with current health care guidelines.
• Temperature control is important when using Claire’s Nest, as it provides a thermal environment for the baby. The baby's temperature should be checked prior to placing in the
nest, and 1 hour later to avoid overheating. Temperatures should be observed regularly, and incubator temperatures adjusted as needed.
• Position change in babies should be regular over the day. This has shown to help reduce head moulding and flattening in some babies, and provides regular pressure care relief
to support good skin integrity. Lateral and Prone positioning has also shown to improve digestion and respiratory effort in some babies.
• When positioning in Claire’s nest, the baby should be able to move their arms and hands, allowing movement towards their face and mouth, giving them the opportunity to self
• When using Claire’s nest try to help the baby maintain a flexed, midline position with the feet snugly at the base of the nest.
• The nest straps can be used to supportively draw the nest in to the baby. Movement should never be restricted or prevented.
• The individual needs of each baby should be assessed. If unsure about positioning, staff should seek guidance from their Clinical Educator or ward Physiotherapist.
• Do not use if any component is broken or missing.
• Nest sizes are provided for guidance only. Always assess each baby individually, and use an appropriate sized nest . Cuski Bertie positioning aid can be used to help customise
each nest for individual use.
• Nests are recommended strictly for hospital use only.
IMPORTANT — Read the instructions carefully before use and keep them for future reference.Available in sizes from premature to 3 months or at your discretion, inside nest sizes as follows:
Extra small. For babies <900g (L 32 x W 13 cms)
Small. For babies of 800-1350g (L 36 x W 18 cms)
Medium. For babies of 1300-2250g (L 43 x W 20 cms)
Large. For babies > 2250g (L 50 x W 21 cms)
Please make sure you check which size is suitable for baby before purchasing.
Bright Unisex Design.
Machine Washable – Can wash up to 90 degrees however we recommend lower to help save the planet!
*Cool Dry Only*
Made from 100% combed cotton with child friendly stuffing.
Made ethically in Turkey.
NB: Nests should be changed approximately every 6 weeks due to wear and hot washing cycles.
*Safety Always! Babies must be monitored at all times.
If you are a member of the medical team on NICU or SCBU and wish to purchase for your units, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you all the relevant information and hospital prices.
If you would like to purchase over 5 units as a donation to your preferred NICU or SCBU, please contact email@example.com for more information and discount on bulk purchase.
As featured in Mail On Sunday 2016 June http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-3644577/HEALTH-Early-birth-comforts.html